MINTURN CEMETERY DISTRICT
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
May 9, 2016
CALL TO ORDER
Dick Cleveland called the regular meeting to order at approximately 4:10 p.m. at the
Riverview Cemetery Mausoleum, Minturn, CO.
Dick, Mike, Art, Ray and Sidney were present.
APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES
Mike motioned to approve the meeting minutes from the April 11, 2016 and Art seconded. All were in favor and the minutes were approved.
- Dan Cudahy with McMahon & Associates attended the meeting to present the 2015 preliminary draft audit to the Board and Staff. Dan reported that the audit went well and they did not find any disappointments with management and the financial outlook for the District looks good. The District’s income increased overall by about $30,000. Dan reported that it is a really good report and there are no notes and no recommendations for improvement.
- Art made a motion to accept the audit as submitted. Mike seconded the motion and all were in favor.
- Sidney gave an Administrator report:
- Board and Staff discussed future meeting times for the summer season. All agreed to change the meeting time to 4:00 instead of 5:00. Sidney reported that a preliminary meeting for the purpose of approving a land easement for 1000 sq. ft. has been scheduled for Wednesday, May 18 to discuss with the Town of Minturn attorney, Mike Sawyer and Town Manager, Willy Powell. We had a Saturday burial with some ground-collapse challenges; however, it was effectively managed with the shoring equipment. We would like to place the veterans’ memorial where the three-sided information sign is currently placed in the lower cemetery. It will be easy enough to relocate the sign. Board and Staff will walk down at the end of the meeting to review the placement options.
- Ray gave a Property Manager report: Ray distributed two estimates from Fitz Landscaping: (1) Annual planting proposal at $9,170.00; (2) Monthly maintenance at $2,000 per month. The first will include planting annual flowers into appropriate beds and includes the cost of flowers, labor and delivery. The second includes spring flowerbed clean up, monthly maintenance and fall cut down. Ray is very happy with the quality of flowers (color and variety) and would like to proceed with the first proposal only. Ray does not believe we need the second option and thinks will get more value by managing flower bed maintenance ourselves by utilizing Peggy Peters at $30 per hour or by calling in the Fitz crew on an “as needed” basis. Mike commented that he is pleased with the appearance of the cemetery flowers by Fitz. Mike motioned to accept the Fitz Landscaping contract for $9170.00, Art seconded and all were in favor.
- There are not updates on the building. We are in a holding pattern. We will need to consider our options with regards to the shed building build-out. Dick commented that the District will likely have to obtain all-inclusive bids from several general contractors to ensure accountability vs. sub-contracting the project with various providers.
The following electronic funds transfers were made:
EFT 5/9/2016 Century Link 267.58
EFT 5/9/2016 Vail Honeywagon 30.00
EFT 5/9/2016 ERWSD 0.00
The following checks were signed:
5/9/2016 2014 Alpine Insurance Agency 4,310.00
5/9/2016 2011 Firstbank 1,806.99
5/9/2016 2012 Fitz Landscaping 3,551.64
5/9/2016 2013 The Home Depot 161.63
5/9/2016 2015 MW Window Cleaning Inc. 110.00
5/9/2016 2010 Marchetti & Weaver 233.25
5/9/2016 2016 Peggy Peters, HT 990.00
5/9/2016 2017 Sforzo Enterprises, Inc. 4,760.00
5/9/2016 2018 Sidney Harrington 1,920.00
5/9/2016 2019 Xcel Energy 880.08
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Shed building – have Jim McNeil attend next meeting Ray & Sidney contract review
Mike motioned to adjourn the regular meeting at 4:49 p.m., Art seconded and all were in favor.
The next regular board meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 13, 2016, 4:00 p.m., at the Minturn Riverview Cemetery Mausoleum, Minturn, CO.
Art Chavez Minturn Cemetery District